Posts for tag: Individualized Learning Program
Is your child struggling to get a proper education because of a learning disability? If so, contact your Gaithersburg, MD, pediatrician, Dr. Farnoush Jamali at Prime Pediatrics.
IEP in Gaithersburg
Individualized Education Program (IEP) helps children integrate in a school setting by providing them with the right kind of schooling needed.
Starting the IEP
Your pediatrician will begin by providing an initial evaluation. They need to assess how best to approach your child's needs in terms of teachers and other academic providers, like paraprofessional educators. Specialist need to know how to accommodate lectures for your child's learning disability.
More on IEP
Comprehensive and in-depth assessments of disabled students help provide suitable and well-constructed academic goals and objectives for their special needs.
An IEP consists of three aspects:
- How the student learns
- Finding academic providers who can provide the student with the proper academic settings.
- How they demonstrate that learning
Advantages of IEP:
- IEPs help children succeed in their schoolwork.
- Successful IEPs help children achieve independence, but special assistance is provided if need be.
- Aside from the assistance provided, children are free to socialize in normal social circles on campus.
- IEPs help students enjoy a "normal" school culture with academic success.
More About your Doctor:
Dr. Jamali is a board-certified pediatrician from the American Board of Pediatrics and is a member of American Academy of Pediatrics in the greater Washington D.C. area. She believes in a team approach to children's health and well-being. So Dr. Jamali and her staff will work closely with you to provide the highest level of care.
Need a consultation?
If you need more information about IEPs and how they can help improve the academic lives of your child, don't hesitate to give Prime Pediatrics a call today at (301) 977-2440. The office proudly serves patients in Gaithersburg, MD.